I love a good pot roast. However, most pot roast recipes leave the roast 1. too bland or 2. too dry. This recipe does neither. In fact, it may be the best pot roast recipe I have ever used. The flavor is outstanding and the roast is slow cooked to where it tastes like a brisket rather than a pot roast. I hope you enjoy!
Tools Needed; A slow cooker/ crock pot
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 cup of swansons beef broth
- 1/2 cup if chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green peppers
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 1/2-pound) pot roast -thawed
1. Take your roast and rub the honey all over covering every inch. This gets sticky and a little slimy, but do your best :}
2. In your crock pot, pour in 1 cup of beef broth, half cup of onions and green peppers.
3. take a small bowl and mix all of your spices together, This is your “rub”. Coat your roast with the spice mixture using all of the mixture. Place in crock pot and cook on medium heat *COVERED* tightly for 8 hours.
4. Check the roast for tenderness. After 8 hours, this roast should be falling apart very easy when you cut into it. with a knife and fork, tear up the roast into little pieces while absorbing the leftover juices with the meat.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!