I have no photo for this recipe ( waa waa waaaaaaa…I know, I know) but a photo would not even do this dish justice, its soooo yummy! There are two ways you can prepare this:
Method #1 You can buy butternut squash already skinned and pre-chopped into cubes ( it cuts down the cooking time for this dish by 45 min.) – you can find this at Costco.
Method # 2 You can purchase a large butternut squash at any grocery store.
I will give the steps for each method of cooking.
- 1 large butternut squash or 1 package of chopped butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons of coconut milk
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/2 of garlic or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Method # 1
- In a large skillet, cook all of your chopped/cubed butternut squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add all of your seasonings and cook over medium heat- stirring occasionally. If you have a skillet lid/top, use this to hold in the steam and cook the squash faster. The squash should be soft and ready in 5-10 minutes.
- Using your food processor, add your coconut milk and your soft cooked squash. Puree for 30 seconds or more until your squash resembles a mash potato or puree consistency with no clumps. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Method # 2
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Using a strong big knife ( these butternut squashes are hard to cut!) cut the squash length-wise down the middle. Scoop out the seeds and pulp- discard. Brush your squash with olive oil on all sides. One a baking sheet, cook your two squash halves flat face down for 45- 50 minutes.
- Once finished let cool for 10 minutes and peel the now soft skin off the back of the squash- cut into little pieces and add to your food processor. Add your seasonings and coconut milk. Puree for 30 seconds or more until smooth. Serve Immediately.