Even if you have not “liked” brussels sprouts in the past, I challenge you to give this recipe a try. You may be a convert! This recipe, Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts, leaves the brussels sprouts crispy on the outside and soft and buttery on the inside. This recipe technically serves four people, but in my house, it serves two. 🙂 A great side to your meat of choice, or hell, just eat as a snack all by itself.
- 1 lb of fresh brussels sprouts ( not frozen)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts ( or just crush a half cup with your hands….easy enough)
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of melted butter
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 F. Lightly coat your roasting pan with olive oil.
- Chop your brussels sprouts into quarters ( or halves for the small ones) discard the bottom stem part.
- Add your sprouts and all other ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Sir well to make sure that the whole batch is evenly coated with seasonings and oils.
- Add mix to roasting pan making a single layer if possible ( they will roast better if they are not stacked on top of each other)
- Roast for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally during cook time to make sure the sprouts are cooked evenly. Once the edges start to brown a bit, they will be done.