I love chicken. I heart bacon. And I miss ranch dressing. The three added together reminds me of the days long, long ago when I used to go to Subway and get the Chicken Bacon Ranch sub sandwich on wheat bread. So, I wanted to re-create this meal the best I could with even more flavor, better ingredients, and no insulin spike or stomach problems after the fact ( gotta love Paleo..)! This meal doesn’t take long and is quite delicious. Disclaimer: there is a very small amount of dairy in this meal ( sour cream) if you are doing strict Paleo with no dairy, you can switch out the sour cream for full fat coconut milk, it is just not as thick of a sauce ( but still deeeelicious). SERVES: 6 People or 4 with really big appetites 🙂 TIME: 25 – 30 minutes
- 2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 strips of pork bacon chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of sour cream ( or sub in coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup of Paleo Mayo ( get recipe by clicking here)
- 1 teaspoon of dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- In a large skillet, begin cooking your bacon pieces over medium heat. Once bacon grease starts to develop in the pan, add your chopped onion to the skillet and cook with the bacon. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are cooked through.
- Add your chicken to the skillet mix. Cover skillet with large lid and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. While chicken is cooking, take a small bowl and make your homemade ranch dressing by combining sour cream, Paleo Mayo, chives, parsley, salt, pepper, dill weed, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix well as set aside.
- Once chicken pieces are cooked through, drain any excess liquid/ grease in your skillet. Add your homemade ranch dressing to the skillet and mix thoroughly. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring a few times to coat the chicken bacon mixture well. Serve and enjoy!