Hello everyone and Happy Thursday to you!
Sloppy Joes. ( Do I really need to say anymore?)
This may quite possibly be my most favorite childhood meal. Slap a spoonfull of this tomato-ee, meat-heaven goodness on a plate and I have flashbacks to childhood… or to last week when I was hiding in the kitchen, licking the skillet while the boys watched cartoons…. I digress.
My point is, Sloppy Joes were, and are..the bomb. Its time to bring them back! ( PS: if you are trying to break the kiddos in on your Paleo- eating style… this is a good one to start with.)
COOK TIME: 10 minutes ( Frozen Ground Beef will take longer of course)
SERVING: 4 – 6 people
- 1 lbs of cooked ground beef
- 2 cups of basic tomato sauce ( I used Classico or Mario Batalli brand because the ingredients are simple and only olive oil was used for the ingredients)
- 1 tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Molasses
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of Honey * ( Add this last)
- 1/2 tablespoon of White Wine Vinegar
1. Start out by cooking your ground beef in a large skillet. Salt and Pepper to taste. Drain 3/4 of the fat from the meat, but keep a 1/4 of it in the pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix your Tomato Sauce, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Molasses and Vinegar. Slowly add your honey – starting with 1 tablespoon. Depending on how sweet you would like your sauce, taste the mix after each add of honey. Add up to 2 tablespoons for maximum sweetness.
3. Once ground beef has finished cooking, add sauce mix to beef. Let simmer on med-low, for 5 or so minutes – stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy!